Bill O’Reilly’s future with Fox News was put in jeopardy last week after it was revealed that numerous allegations of sexual harassment have been made against him over the past 15 years. Since then, at least 50 advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O’Reilly Factor.
The New York Times reported that Fox News has just hired the law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison to investigate one of the allegations against O’Reilly. This will come as bad news to him, as it indicates his future at the network is uncertain.
The law firm will be investigating a claim made by Wendy Walsh, a former guest on Mr. O’Reilly’s show who detailed accusations against him to the press.
“21st Century Fox investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters,” the company said in a statement on Sunday.
Walsh said that O’Reilly did not follow through on a verbal offer to make her a network contributor after she declined an invitation to his hotel suite following dinner one night in 2013.
“We will fully cooperate with any investigation,” said Lisa Bloom, Walsh’s lawyer. “Again, Wendy is not seeking any money, just accountability.”
What do you think will happen to O’Reilly? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.